Instead of viewing wastewater streams as waste, Ostara sees a renewable resource that can generate costs savings and revenues for the treatment plant while helping them meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations. Benefits include:
- Prevention of struvite formation and its associated operation, maintenance and capital costs
- Reduced sludge volumes and associated disposal costs
- Meeting effluent discharge and biosolids land application limits
- Improved overall system reliability through reduced nutrient loadings and discharge
- Revenues from the Crystal Green® fertilizer produced by the Ostara process
- Crystal Green production is considerably less carbon-intensive than traditional fertilizer manufacturing processes and safely returns nutrients to where they have most benefit ¬– growing plants ¬– establishing a virtuous cycle of removal-release-recover.